Here I'm back with topic about tenses. Many people that confuse to use tenses in their daily conversation. In here, I want to give simple tutorial about tenses and how we can apply the tenses in our daily conversation. Now here we start
- Simple Present Tense
Simple Present Tense is use for express about action that is repeated or usual and at the same time, or action that has be the habitual action. Simple Present Tense also use for express about general truth and special things.
The formula for Simple Present Tense is:
S + Verb1 + s/es (for Subject like: She, He, It)
S + Verb1 (for Subject like: I, You, We, They)
The word “s/es” refer to does. For the Verb that use “s/es”, you can use “s” when the verb not ending with:
ch, sh, ss, o, x
Example:
1. I go to school every morning
2. They play football every Sunday
3. She watches TV
4. She doesn’t watch TV
5. Does she watch TV?
6. What does she watch?
- Simple Past Tense
Simple Past Tense is use to express completed action in the past.The formula for Simple Past Tense:
S + Verb2 + Object Time (The Object Time like yesterday, last week, etc)
Example:
1. I bought a house last year
2. She didn’t see me last night
3. Did you watch TV last night?
4. Where did they go last night?
- Simple Future Tense
Simple Future Tense is used to refer to actions that will take place after the act of speaking or writing.
The formula for Simple Future Tense: (We have two formula at here)
a. S + will + Verb1
b. S + be going to + Verb1
The different from the “will” and “be going to” might seem too abstract at first. Both “will” and “be going to” refer to a specific time in the future.
Example:
1. I will help you later.
2. Will you help me later?
3. I will not help you later
4. He is going to watch movie tonight.
5. Is he going to watch movie tonight?
6. He is not going to watch movie tonight
- Present Perfect Tense
Present Perfect Tense is use to express action that happened at an unspecified time before now. The exact time is not important.
The formula for Present Perfect Tense:
S + have/has + Past Participle (Verb3) + Object (The Object can be already or yet)
Example:
1. I have done my homework already
2. She has eaten breakfast
3. I haven’t done my homework yet
4. Has she had breakfast yet?
5. What have you done already?
6. Who has been seen by her?
- Present Continuous Tense
Present Continuous Tense is use for express something that happen now or at the time of speaking. For express action that will do at some time but have been arranging, for express some changing, and also for express action that happen at period of time.
The formula for Present Continuous Tense:
S + to be + Verb1 + ing
Example:
1. They are playing football now.
2. I am leaving for New York at 7 tomorrow morning
3. The city is getting dirty
4. I am not working this week
- Past Continuous Tense
Past Continuous Tense is use to express action that was doing at the past or to indicate that a longer action in the past was interrupted.
The formula for Past Continuous Tense:
S + was/were + Verb1 + ing + Object
The Object in here can be like: at 5 pm yesterday, at this time, when + S + Verb2, while + S + was/were + Verb1 + ing
Example:
1. I was studying when she called
2. While I was studying, she called
3. He wasn’t at school at 3 pm yesterday
4. Who was sleeping at this time yesterday?
We have see the six tenses above. This lesson will be continue...
No comments:
Post a Comment